Finishing Hobby Projects- A Productive Sunday

I’ve been juggling a couple of projects for a bit which have been quite slow going. On Sunday I got all of these out so I could review where I was up to and what needed to be done to get them over the finish line. In the end, I spent approximately 9 hours working on the Ironclad for my Kharadron Overlords, as well as the Vehicles from the eBay Grey Knights project. I can now say happily that these projects are more or less complete

Continue reading “Finishing Hobby Projects- A Productive Sunday”

Grey Knight eBay rescue project- Progress so far

A couple months back I got a pretty good deal on a bunch of grey knights from eBay which where in very good condition. Since receiving them in the post I’ve been working on them here and there. As I have had some unexpected free time this afternoon, I wanted to use it and give a quick update on my progress. These miniatures are still W.I.P but a status update on this project is long overdue. With that said, here is the collection as it currently stands.

Continue reading “Grey Knight eBay rescue project- Progress so far”

Reassessing my relationship with game companies- The Fan problem.

Apologies if this post is a bit rambly, I’ve been swilling some thoughts around in my head for the last couple of days and want to get them down on “paper”. I’m going to be touching on the relationship between GW and the community and so if you are sick and tired of all the negativity by all means give this post a miss but for everyone else, hopefully you will find what I’ve got to say useful. Miniature posts are incoming and I’ve been working more on the Grey Knights so expect something on them very soon. Before we proceed with today’s post, some context so this hopefully makes some sense.

Continue reading “Reassessing my relationship with game companies- The Fan problem.”

Building an Ironclad- Part 4

It’s been a little while since I last gave an update on the Ironclad. When I last left off, the miniature had been assembled with the balloon section loose, the magnet baron flight stand fitted and the whole miniature base coated with leadbelcher spray. Since then, I’ve gave the model a fluffy cloud base to match the rest of my army (made simply from cotton wool PVA glued to the base,) and been working on base colours and metallics. There is still a ton of work to do on this model but I think it is starting to come together quite nicely.

Continue reading “Building an Ironclad- Part 4”

Loosing my motivation to paint Games Workshop Products.

It’s been a little while since I last posted on here and sadly enough, that is because I haven’t had much to report on. After spending a great deal of time over the lockdown period enthused to paint miniatures and get my 40k & AOS armies ready for a return to play, I’ve finally ran out of steam.

Continue reading “Loosing my motivation to paint Games Workshop Products.”